Thursday, May 29, 2008

on the mend

my knee, after much rest, ice, and elevation - with a lot reiki, and some salt baths thrown in - feels at least sixty percent better. it only twinges when i walk - more or less normally, and the stabbing pains shooting up and down my leg when i try to go up and down stairs are far less acute than they were.

ive already given it one ice-salt bath-reiki-ice treatment. i'm having a massage today and i must remember to tell my dear friend rose that her white-willow ginger-root tonic she made for my mother (who refused to try it) made a wonderfully soothing brew, especially with a few dried wild blueberries blended in.

and i will miss class... alas.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

glad you're feeling better!

going up and down stairs are the hardest for me.

DevilliveD said...

Glad you're feeling better. I also have knee probs so I know how hard it can be!! I have two questions for you that you can hopefully take some time to answer. I just finished reading all three Silver books and I loved them!! So here's the questions: Why was Glorianas' name changed to Loriana? was it a typo or on purpose? Also is there another book coming? I sure hope so!!! Thank you and hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Unknown said...

Gloriana was the name Timias creates for her... its a mixture of Glorious Loriana - i believe he calls her that at the end of silver's lure. its the name she becomes known by, sort of the way bran becomes bran brownbeard. in silver's lure, he's barely old enough to even have a beard, but by the time of silver's edge and bane, that is who he's known as....and so, in something of the same way, loriana becomes gloriana....as to whether or not there will be another book... i DO have a spin off trilogy in the works with ottavian from silver's bane as one of hte main characters...ty for your thoughts and good wishes :)! i hope your knees hold up well :)!!!