Wednesday, January 28, 2009

eating the angel way - part six

so what the f@$#k is "white food?"

i won't bore you with how long it took me to understand. that day, when i stuck my head in the refrigerator, and heard "white food" i suddenly saw a carton of french vanilla yogurt in front of me that i would've sworn hadn't been there when i opened the door. yogurt, of course, isn't only the ONLY "white food." it just happens to be one i really like and find most agreeable. i like to think it's a legacy of my days as a mongolian warlord. (and judy, it's not possible to be allergic to "white" foods in the sense the Angels use it.)

according to the Angels, "white foods" are complete protein foods. like white light which contains all colors of the spectrum, "white" foods contain the raw materials necessary for the body to manufacture and maintain all of its components. muscles, nerves, blood, and bone are all created by the body out of amino acids.... the kind you find in complete proteins. so "white" foods include not just eggs and yogurt, beef, fish, or poultry, they also include the various vegetarian combinations of grains and veggies that make up complete proteins. rice-and-beans are every bit as much a "white food" as chicken.

my journey to understand this message was a process over many months. in retrospect, it's a good thing the Angels began with that one small piece of information, because at first i took it literally, as many of my gentle readers did, and figured it meant i was supposed to exist on a diet of yogurt, eggs, and bananas. as you can imagine, that got boring, quickly. and so one day i found myself staring back into the fridge, asking... "isn't there anything else?"

and furthermore, the war WILL end. blessed be.

10 comments:

April said...

I've never heard the reference to some edibles as being "white food"...I can definitely understand why it took you several months to understand the concept...I'm a bit confused about it myself! I'll keep tuning in for "the rest of the story." Have a good one! :)

Laura Rose said...

and quinoa...my new favorite white food!!! good snowy morning to you!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Part of dinner last night was a baked sweet potato with yogurt. Just as I love a "white" baked potato with yogurt (in lieu of sour cream), I discovered *this* potato treat ... and the angels smiled.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Well that certainly sounds way more nutritious than the "white food" I was thinking of!

lynette355 said...

So would a omlette with pork (bacon) and swiss cheese be "white food"?

Kathy said...

For the past couple of years I've been been running into references to quinoa which seems to me to be a perfect food for a grain freak like me. Now I just have to actually find it...

I guess the angels didn't mean mashed potatoes, vanilla icing, and mayonaise on a spoon, huh?

Patti Gibbons said...

Like Laura Rose, quinoa has been a new staple in this house. Yummmmm....AND yogurt. Hmm...I did eat some mayonaisse too..one of my fave white foods, lol.

Kristina said...

ah! now I see. Wait, does that mean no ice cream? Just kidding! I can't wait to read about your continuing revelations, thanks for the great sets of posts.

Kim said...

once it starts to click it really makes sense

lisa24n7 said...

great post- now I have to go back and read the first five! lol guess better late than never! :o)