Friday, January 2, 2009

on sisterhood, and other mysteries

i spent the first night of the new calendar year mostly giggling my head off with the participants of the pagan study group i attend once a month. it's hardly pc of me to say so, but i was so glad that no men were there.

don't get me wrong - i like men. men have their uses and their purposes, and my experience of most of them is that they're amusing companions and great fun in bed. but given the choice - a roomful of mixed sexes, or a roomful of women, and i'll take the women any day.

and then i came home to find Beloved had made an absolutely delicious squash-pear bisque.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

4 comments:

Kim said...

yes, it was fun having no men there. and the soup sounds wonderful - I guess he gets a star

Laura Rose said...

gee, I got a g.f. pasta dish with carrots, yellow squash and red tomato b/c he said "you like that rainbow diet"!!!:)

Unknown said...

he DID get a star... how bout rich? at least he thought of you.. and you DO like that rainbow diet ;).

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

:Ditto