Friday, January 9, 2009

i've been TAGGED!

thanks to kathy over at The Amortization of Good Will (try saying that blog's name really fast ten times) i've been tagged for this...

fourth folder fourth photo photo tag!!!!

1. Go to the 4th picture folder on your computer.


2. Post the 4th picture in that folder.

3. Explain the picture.


4. Tag 4 more people.

why four?

Four is a sacred number in many cultures and religions including the Zia tribe of New Mexico, The Four cups of wine drunk during Jewish Passover, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, The Four Noble Truths of Buddhism. We have many examples in biology and nature. The four chambers of the human heart, a four leaf clover, hmm, it's wonderful to meditate on this.

four is also, according to some numerologists, my "soul number" or "year" number. my birthday does add up to four. i have four children, im one of four. fours, especially in combination of 3 and 1's, have always figured prominently in my life.

and so, in the spirit of Four, here's the fourth photo from my fourth folder:



this is a picture of my dollhouse before i started refurbishing it this summer. i figured if my real house was a mess, i could at least make some headway in the dollhouse. the story behind this dollhouse is that i originally purchased it for my sister sheila when i was in college. i bought it with change i saved from the sears catalogue. it arrived in a box and a thousand pieces, and i can't imagine my stepfather had too many nice things to say about my idea because he is the one who put the freaking thing together. my sister played with it, and then it was passed to my girls, who slowely brought it to the state you see above.

and in the interests of showing you what magic a little paint and glue and love can do... here's what it looks like now:



and here's who i tag -

1 - kristin
2 - selchie
3 - boxofficegirl
4 - njdecorator*

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be!

my apologies to all the linkees... blogger is not letting me save links for some reason...i will be back to fix in a bit! :)

9 comments:

T.M. Curzon-Manners said...

Thanks for the tag Annie but I feel I've done my bit on that score. Donny Osmond was my trump card:-)
I do like what you've done with the place though,(in the photo,)and interestingly enough, I am also one of 4 girls. I am almost tempted to ask for a reading.
You site is so wonderfully vibrant, I love it and I've added you to my people of interest list.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Speaking of being tagged- You're it! I tagged you for a book meme Here.

~Amanda

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

This is delightful, thanks for sharing. I love dollhouses and minatures.

Debie Napoleon said...

Thanks for the tag - I'll get to work on it. The dollhouse looks great - it really is a labor of love.

Anonymous said...

Dropping by from sits. Sending some sunshine your way. Love the dollhouse!

Aunt Julie said...

This looks like a fun one! Have a great weekend!!

Kristin said...

Working on it now.

Nadya said...

Oh, the doll house is great! My daugher had one of those in a box (that we never got around to making) but she ALSO got the one that my x's 3 sisters had left in their folk's house - a white house that his dad had made for the girls! She gave it back to her aunt one Christmas.
We loved doll house stores, & she still drools over them - got a big wooden one with sturdy furniture for her girls to play with, now at my son's house for his kids (3 & almost 5) to play with for awhile :)

sarah said...

Thanks for the tag lovely,my laptop is down at the moment but new adapter should be coming tomorrow, so will take a look through my photos.

Looks like the creative streak runs through you in many directions, lovely job.)