Monday, January 12, 2009

what i did today

today was one of those productive days, where there seemed to be time for everything - maybe not as much time as i would've liked, and maybe not enough of everything as i had planned, but i spent enough time doing enough of something so that i feel like i accomplished something.

i'm just over 70,000 words in the story. i spent some time writing this morning - again, not as much as i would've liked, but enough that i can say i did it. i spent thirty minutes exercising. i cleaned out my refrigerator and got the laundry caught up. tomorrow i have appointments and a hair cut with baby jake. i'm hopeful the schedule i've set up for myself will allow me to accomplish all i want to accomplish.

a friend took me out for lunch today - a very special friend, someone whose story has influenced my decision to write the story i'm working on. the ending i'm giving my characters is her ending in many ways. she's going to kaui in a few weeks and im hoping against hope i have a first draft with which to send her off to read under the hawaiian sun.

and furthermore, the war must end. blessed be.

5 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That is so wonderful that your friend inspired you with her life. Kauai is incredible, we went last spring. Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! More pages!!!

Good for you.

I sent a query letter/outline/30 page submission in to a good agency today. Now all I do is wait! But it was a useful exercise to put it together.

I am just under 20,000 words, and think I'm going to finish at about 50,000, or maybe less. Hoping to be jet-propelled soon! I have found a couple of new friends down here to join with in a writing group.

Your Faithful Reader no doubt is looking forward to more pages to read.

TuTu's Bliss said...

Aloha. It is wonderful in Hawaii right now. You're friend has a stunning trip ahead of her.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from sits. Have a great week. Great post!

lynette355 said...

Morning Annie,

Where do you find the time to do all that writing. It is amazing to me. Thanks for the Congrats on my SITS day. Makes me so happy!

My CG has a question that I also asked you before.

What advice would you give a beginning wicca in high school or college?